Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

electric field distribution

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

i am using 2D drawing. i have already done a simulation using the equation es.Er is this equation correct.

2 Replies Last Post Mar 30, 2017, 11:11 a.m. EDT
Jeff Hiller COMSOL Employee

Posted: 7 years ago Mar 30, 2017, 11:00 a.m. EDT
Hello Azidh,
es.Er is the radial component of the electric field in an axisymmetric analysis like yours.
If I misunderstood your question, please alaborate on what your concern is.
Best,
Jeff
Hello Azidh, es.Er is the radial component of the electric field in an axisymmetric analysis like yours. If I misunderstood your question, please alaborate on what your concern is. Best, Jeff

Posted: 7 years ago Mar 30, 2017, 11:11 a.m. EDT
i am investigating effects of electric distribution around silicon rubber insulator in clean and polluted area.
the simulation result i posted was with clean area. As seen in the results electric filed is high only in side of the insulator. so my question is this result is correct or not?
i am investigating effects of electric distribution around silicon rubber insulator in clean and polluted area. the simulation result i posted was with clean area. As seen in the results electric filed is high only in side of the insulator. so my question is this result is correct or not?

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.