Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Magnetic Field With Ferromagnetic Material

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hello All,

I am very new COMSOL, so perhaps if I describe what I want to achieve, someone can point me to the right tutorials or examples.

I want to have an environment with a uniform magnetic filed which has some strength in units of Tesla, and then place a ferromagnetic object into this environment and then study the effect this has on the magnetic field i.e. the distortion/inhomogeneity that the object creates.

If someone could push me towards the correct tutorials or guide I would appreciate any suggestions!

Thanks

1 Reply Last Post Apr 10, 2017, 2:16 p.m. EDT
Nirmal Paudel Tribhuvan University/Electrical Engineering

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Posted: 7 years ago Apr 10, 2017, 2:16 p.m. EDT
Hi,

The first three or four examples here will be useful for your application.

www.comsol.com/models/acdc-module?q=background%20field

Best Regards,
Nirmal
Hi, The first three or four examples here will be useful for your application. https://www.comsol.com/models/acdc-module?q=background%20field Best Regards, Nirmal

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.