Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Plot of periodic step function

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hello Everyone!

I created a step function that pulses at 0.2, later placed it in analytical function to make it periodic function. The periodic function begins at 0 and ends at 0.5, the argument range is 0 to 100. Up to this point everything is good but when I select upper limit for the argument as 1000, the graph shifts and plots undesired figure.

Also tried creating an analytical func. with formula of x > 0.2, made it periodic between 0 and 0.5 and got the same plots with same issue.

I was wondering if this issue is a graphical bug or someting else is going wrong.

Thanks!

3 Replies Last Post Apr 17, 2017, 10:10 a.m. EDT
Jeff Hiller COMSOL Employee

Posted: 7 years ago Apr 14, 2017, 9:02 a.m. EDT
Hello Antia,
If I understand correctly, you are trying to plot 2000 periods. Then I suspect this weird plot is due to limited sampling. In essence you are trying to represent 2000 periods with a plot that stretches over 1000 pixels or something like that.
See also this thread: www.comsol.com/community/forums/general/thread/93111
Best,
Jeff
Hello Antia, If I understand correctly, you are trying to plot 2000 periods. Then I suspect this weird plot is due to limited sampling. In essence you are trying to represent 2000 periods with a plot that stretches over 1000 pixels or something like that. See also this thread: https://www.comsol.com/community/forums/general/thread/93111 Best, Jeff

Posted: 7 years ago Apr 17, 2017, 9:14 a.m. EDT
Thanks for the reply! I am relieved to know it's just a graphical issue.

However, I need your help with another question. When I put my created function into electric potential input field, it gives an error when pulse is initiated. Can you check attached Comsol file please? Is there anything wrong with variables?

thanks in advance
Thanks for the reply! I am relieved to know it's just a graphical issue. However, I need your help with another question. When I put my created function into electric potential input field, it gives an error when pulse is initiated. Can you check attached Comsol file please? Is there anything wrong with variables? thanks in advance

Jeff Hiller COMSOL Employee

Posted: 7 years ago Apr 17, 2017, 10:10 a.m. EDT
Please contact the support team at support@comsol.com
Jeff
Please contact the support team at support@comsol.com Jeff

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.