Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

I want to use the permittivity tensor, but the comsol is not reading the tensor components.

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Dear, I am trying to simulate the magneto-optic Kerr effect, using the relative permittivity tensor, as it is known, such a tensor has in our case, components outside the diagonal, these components are dependent on the magneto-optical constant and also the field. However, when I am measuring the reflectance as a function of the normalized magnetic field, we observe that the comsol is not reading correctly the elements of the tensor, that is, the reflectance is constant even with the variation of the field. Can you help me?

In the figure found attached, Q is the magneto-optical constant, and m is the normalized magnetization, that is, it assumes values between 0 and 1.

Thanks.

0 Replies Last Post Apr 15, 2017, 9:54 a.m. EDT
COMSOL Moderator

Hello Felipe Marcolino

Your Discussion has gone 30 days without a reply. If you still need help with COMSOL and have an on-subscription license, please visit our Support Center for help.

If you do not hold an on-subscription license, you may find an answer in another Discussion or in the Knowledge Base.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.