Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Remeshing the geometry

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hi

Is there any way to tell the software not to store all of the remeshed solutions? Or store every nth solution?

In my simulation, the geometry needs to be remeshed many times to fulfill the remeshing condition. This makes the file huge.

Amin,

1 Reply Last Post May 1, 2017, 3:02 a.m. EDT
Nicholas Goldring Certified Consultant

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Posted: 7 years ago May 1, 2017, 3:02 a.m. EDT
Updated: 7 years ago May 1, 2017, 3:03 a.m. EDT
It sounds like your simulation consists of many steps that takes the remeshed geometry from one step's solution and uses it in the next and repeats? I think that if you only need the most recent remesh, a good way to go might be to use the application builder and write in a code that clears the remeshed geometry on each iteration. A good starting point for that is here: www.comsol.com/blogs/automate-model-preprocessing-with-the-application-builder/

Hopefully that can help.

--
Nick
It sounds like your simulation consists of many steps that takes the remeshed geometry from one step's solution and uses it in the next and repeats? I think that if you only need the most recent remesh, a good way to go might be to use the application builder and write in a code that clears the remeshed geometry on each iteration. A good starting point for that is here: https://www.comsol.com/blogs/automate-model-preprocessing-with-the-application-builder/ Hopefully that can help. -- Nick

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.