Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Unit column disappeared from the Variable/Expression box

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hello,

While putting variables in the "Variables" box, I increased the size of the "Unit" column by dragging the bar between them. I think I pulledit too much to the right because it disappeared. Now I only have | Name | Expression | Description | instead of | Name | Expression | Unit | Description.

The same happened to "Derived Values", where the expressions are (I have attached a screenshot).

Does anyone know how to insert the Unit column again?

4 Replies Last Post May 5, 2017, 8:25 a.m. EDT
Jeff Hiller COMSOL Employee

Posted: 7 years ago May 4, 2017, 11:12 a.m. EDT
Hi Paul,
I am not able to reproduce it (I am using 5.3, perhaps it's something that occurs in older versions?), but one possible solution for you would be to hit the "Reset Desktop" button in the Home ribbon.
Best,
Jeff
Hi Paul, I am not able to reproduce it (I am using 5.3, perhaps it's something that occurs in older versions?), but one possible solution for you would be to hit the "Reset Desktop" button in the Home ribbon. Best, Jeff

Posted: 7 years ago May 4, 2017, 11:24 a.m. EDT
Hey Jeff,

Thank you for the answer. I see why you can't replicate... It's because I have this problem in Comsol 5.2a for Linux. In Comsol 5.2a for Windows, I can't make the Unit column disappear, and that's why you can't replicate, I guess. So it's a Linux issue. I just tried "Reset Desktop" in the Linux version, and this didn't solve the problem. Weird enough, I can make almost all the columns disappear, not only the Unit. Any other ideas how to do it?

Paul
Hey Jeff, Thank you for the answer. I see why you can't replicate... It's because I have this problem in Comsol 5.2a for Linux. In Comsol 5.2a for Windows, I can't make the Unit column disappear, and that's why you can't replicate, I guess. So it's a Linux issue. I just tried "Reset Desktop" in the Linux version, and this didn't solve the problem. Weird enough, I can make almost all the columns disappear, not only the Unit. Any other ideas how to do it? Paul

Jeff Hiller COMSOL Employee

Posted: 7 years ago May 4, 2017, 1:46 p.m. EDT
Updated: 7 years ago May 5, 2017, 8:26 a.m. EDT
Try this:
Place the mouse slightly to the right of where the "Unit" column should be, i.e. slightly to the left of the word "Description". The tool tip should change and let you reopen the disappeared Unit column (left click + drag).
At least it works for me when I run the cross-platform version of COMSOL on my Windows computer to replicate your Linux experience.
Best,
Jeff
Try this: Place the mouse slightly to the right of where the "Unit" column should be, i.e. slightly to the left of the word "Description". The tool tip should change and let you reopen the disappeared Unit column (left click + drag). At least it works for me when I run the cross-platform version of COMSOL on my Windows computer to replicate your Linux experience. Best, Jeff

Posted: 7 years ago May 5, 2017, 8:25 a.m. EDT
Hey Jeff,

It worked! Thank you!

Paul
Hey Jeff, It worked! Thank you! Paul

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.