Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Getting data from nongeometric parameter sweeps

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hi all,

I have a model where I am sweeping the wavelength of light that is being excited, as well as a geometrical parameter. I am coupling that model with a thermal model that uses the Qh parameter of the electromagnetic waves model to generate heat and then do a thermal model from there.

What I want to do is then select a particular domain, do a "Volume Maximum" calculation on that domain only, and output the maximum temperature in that domain to a table where both parameters are the first two columns and the temperature is the third.

However, when I try to do this, the wavelength parameter does not seem to "apply" to the sweep. It has a column, but all of its values are listed as 0, and it only sweeps through the number of values in the geometrical parameter. It has something to do with the wavelength I am fairly certain because if I switch my parametric sweep to only geometrical parameters it works fine.

It's somewhat infuriating because I can plot the solutions with all the wavelengths, so the data is there, it's just that the derived parameter function doesn't work.

Also, I'd like to attach a file I have with a trivial geometry simulation, but when I try I seem to get a "file extension error". Any ideas on how to do that as well so it's easier to see what's going on?

0 Replies Last Post May 4, 2017, 1:18 p.m. EDT
COMSOL Moderator

Hello Daniel Klemme

Your Discussion has gone 30 days without a reply. If you still need help with COMSOL and have an on-subscription license, please visit our Support Center for help.

If you do not hold an on-subscription license, you may find an answer in another Discussion or in the Knowledge Base.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.