Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

ultrasonic probe achieves self-sending and self-receiving

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

There is a ultrasonic probe that wants to transmit and receive signals simultaneously. That is, positive piezoelectric and converse piezoelectric are achieved simultaneously. So I want to use the Acoustic-Piezoelectric Interaction,Transient to achieve the goal. How can I set the boundary conditions to make the probe self-sending and self-receiving?

6 Replies Last Post May 25, 2017, 9:31 a.m. EDT
Edgar J. Kaiser Certified Consultant

Posted: 7 years ago May 21, 2017, 5:39 a.m. EDT
Xuebin,

my first idea would be to connect some suitable kind of circuit physics to the piezoelectric electrodes.

Cheers
Edgar

--
Edgar J. Kaiser
emPhys Physical Technology
www.emphys.com
Xuebin, my first idea would be to connect some suitable kind of circuit physics to the piezoelectric electrodes. Cheers Edgar -- Edgar J. Kaiser emPhys Physical Technology http://www.emphys.com

Posted: 7 years ago May 21, 2017, 7:50 a.m. EDT
Hi,
Thank you for your reply. Could you please describe it more detailed?Now, I only achieve the converse piezoelectric by the ultrasonic probe.How can I set the positive piezoelectric simultaneously?
Hi, Thank you for your reply. Could you please describe it more detailed?Now, I only achieve the converse piezoelectric by the ultrasonic probe.How can I set the positive piezoelectric simultaneously?

Edgar J. Kaiser Certified Consultant

Posted: 7 years ago May 21, 2017, 8:29 a.m. EDT
I suggest to check examples in the application library and other resources Comsol provides to you. Once you made a start you can address more specific questions.

Cheers
Edgar

--
Edgar J. Kaiser
emPhys Physical Technology
www.emphys.com
I suggest to check examples in the application library and other resources Comsol provides to you. Once you made a start you can address more specific questions. Cheers Edgar -- Edgar J. Kaiser emPhys Physical Technology http://www.emphys.com

Posted: 7 years ago May 21, 2017, 9:07 a.m. EDT
Thank you,
I have got all the libraries, but I didn't find the positive piezoelectric process, and found no positive and negative piezoelectric simultaneously.Do you have some resources? I'd appreciate it.
Thank you, I have got all the libraries, but I didn't find the positive piezoelectric process, and found no positive and negative piezoelectric simultaneously.Do you have some resources? I'd appreciate it.

Dave Greve Certified Consultant

Posted: 7 years ago May 22, 2017, 11:43 a.m. EDT
Your question is insufficiently clear to answer. It is possible you are thinking of one of two things:

1. Self-sensing piezoelectric transducers. Here the terminal impedance of the piezo is influenced by the attached structure. You would be interested in frequency domain analysis.

2. Pulse or radar-type interrogation. Here a short pulse excites an ultrasonic wave and the same transducer is used to detect the return pulse. A transmit-receive circuit is used to switch from transmit to receive mode. This mode is used both for flaw detection and medical imaging.

If you mean something else please try to explain it in more detail, maybe then you can be directed to useful examples.

DW Greve
DWGreve Consulting
Your question is insufficiently clear to answer. It is possible you are thinking of one of two things: 1. Self-sensing piezoelectric transducers. Here the terminal impedance of the piezo is influenced by the attached structure. You would be interested in frequency domain analysis. 2. Pulse or radar-type interrogation. Here a short pulse excites an ultrasonic wave and the same transducer is used to detect the return pulse. A transmit-receive circuit is used to switch from transmit to receive mode. This mode is used both for flaw detection and medical imaging. If you mean something else please try to explain it in more detail, maybe then you can be directed to useful examples. DW Greve DWGreve Consulting

Posted: 7 years ago May 25, 2017, 9:31 a.m. EDT
Thank you very much. I have found a similar model. It is useful for me.
Thank you very much. I have found a similar model. It is useful for me.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.