Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Boundary Number

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Is there any way i can determine the boundary number in comsol model? I am trying to assign Ground to a part, but some portion is not visible due to over lab. Is there any way i can identify that part?

1 Reply Last Post May 22, 2017, 2:07 p.m. EDT
Jeff Hiller COMSOL Employee

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Posted: 7 years ago May 22, 2017, 2:07 p.m. EDT
Updated: 7 years ago May 22, 2017, 2:09 p.m. EDT
Hello Prashant,

To select a boundary that is hidden inside a part, turn on transparency or wireframe rendering, and then use your mouse's scroll wheel (See www.comsol.com/support/knowledgebase/1168/).

If you still want the software to display the boundary numbers for some reason, check the Show Geometry Labels checkbox on the View node. Boundary numbers will be displayed when you have a boundary condition node selected in the Model Builder.
Best,
Jeff

PS: This video summarizing several ways of selecting geometric entities may be useful to you as well: www.comsol.com/video/selecting-geometric-entities-comsol-multiphysics
Hello Prashant, To select a boundary that is hidden inside a part, turn on transparency or wireframe rendering, and then use your mouse's scroll wheel (See https://www.comsol.com/support/knowledgebase/1168/). If you still want the software to display the boundary numbers for some reason, check the Show Geometry Labels checkbox on the View node. Boundary numbers will be displayed when you have a boundary condition node selected in the Model Builder. Best, Jeff PS: This video summarizing several ways of selecting geometric entities may be useful to you as well: https://www.comsol.com/video/selecting-geometric-entities-comsol-multiphysics

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.