Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Plane wave propagation in 3D structure

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hello,

I was trying to propagate a transient plane wave (sinusoidal) in 3D structure in time domain. The plane wave is propagating along z-direction. Can anyone tell me how to define the equation for plane wave in RF module for time domain problem.

Thanks,
Rishad

1 Reply Last Post May 29, 2017, 2:53 a.m. EDT

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Posted: 7 years ago May 29, 2017, 2:53 a.m. EDT
Hi, which version you have? Comsol 5.2a or the others? I have 4.4 which do not have "Ultrason" mode, so i build a 3D model in "Solid Mechanical" mode and defined an analytical function's force in Z direction as the excitation. There's several articles in internet shows these reseachers have used this methode
Hi, which version you have? Comsol 5.2a or the others? I have 4.4 which do not have "Ultrason" mode, so i build a 3D model in "Solid Mechanical" mode and defined an analytical function's force in Z direction as the excitation. There's several articles in internet shows these reseachers have used this methode

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.