Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Why I can't create the mesh?

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hi, Im creating a helix antenna. I followed some tutorials of comsol for it. I am creating a single helix antenna. The parameters and the file are attached below.
I follow the tutorial as close as I can because there is some stuff that varies on my model, like the size of the model or other properties such as the frequency. But when I face the mesh I find a lot of problems.
-First of all I get errors like edges are much smaller than the parameters or something like that. Also self intersection not supported.
-Secondly, I've tried to create different sizes for the different parts and it doesn't make any difference.
-Third, I assume that my problems are that my model is bigger than the one in the tutorial but that shouldn't make a difference. Am I right?

Can someone give me some tips about it?
I'm new in comsol so I don't have any clue about what should I do.
I attach the file so you can have a look at it:
[Comsol 5.1]
drive.google.com/open?id=0B-JZPfaxEXbRUVNXa2xKaDZ3bXc

1 Reply Last Post Jun 16, 2017, 3:26 p.m. EDT

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Posted: 7 years ago Jun 16, 2017, 3:26 p.m. EDT
The link for the model file does not work. Can you attach the file to the message?

--
Steven Conrad, MD PhD
LSU Health
The link for the model file does not work. Can you attach the file to the message? -- Steven Conrad, MD PhD LSU Health

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.