Note: This discussion is about an older version of the COMSOL Multiphysics® software. The information provided may be out of date.

Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Add apertures to parallel smooth surface

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hi,
I wang to create a 3D block with a crack plane going through. And I want to add apertures onto the two sides of the crack plane. However, I only know how to transform the aperture data into parametric surface. But how should I add it to the crack plane? I have tried to use extrude according to the aperture data. But my operation is not valid.

The attached screenshot shows what I did right now. The parametric surface and work plane are overlapped together. However, there is void gap between them. And what I want to do is fill this gap, to combine these parametric surface and work plane together.

Anyone knows how to do it?

Thx!

0 Replies Last Post Jun 12, 2017, 12:54 a.m. EDT
COMSOL Moderator

Hello Anderson Li

Your Discussion has gone 30 days without a reply. If you still need help with COMSOL and have an on-subscription license, please visit our Support Center for help.

If you do not hold an on-subscription license, you may find an answer in another Discussion or in the Knowledge Base.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.