Note: This discussion is about an older version of the COMSOL Multiphysics® software. The information provided may be out of date.

Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Heat transfer Convective Cooling

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hello,

I'm rather new to Comsol and I'm trying to solve a heat transfer problem with convective cooling. I have a probe that's inserted into a tissue and I want to observe the effect of the cold on the tissue.
My problem is that I can't seem to simulate the transfer.

I set an initial temperature for the tissue, setting boundary conditions of temperature and heat flux on the interface between the two objects ( probe and tissue). I also used convective cooling on the interface. setting the heat coefficient and external temperature.

The results show my initial temperature of the objects, but no interaction between them. Any idea what I'm doing wrong?

0 Replies Last Post Jun 15, 2017, 8:52 a.m. EDT
COMSOL Moderator

Hello Oana C

Your Discussion has gone 30 days without a reply. If you still need help with COMSOL and have an on-subscription license, please visit our Support Center for help.

If you do not hold an on-subscription license, you may find an answer in another Discussion or in the Knowledge Base.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.