Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Segregated Solver or Fully Coupled Solver

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

I want to solve two coupled Governing Equations (Heat Transfer and Fluid Diffusion), and I am using COMSOL version 5.2. I want to choose a best solver. In the Heat Transfer Equation there is a spatial derivative of Pressure in the Convection Coefficient, and there is a time derivative of the Temperature in the Source Term of Fluid Diffusion Equation. Would you mind help me with this process?

If I want to solve the system of equations with the Segregated Approach, should I manually run each segregated steps and insert the computed data to the next segregated step?

Note: I am using equation based modeling in the coefficient form.

0 Replies Last Post Jun 21, 2017, 12:18 a.m. EDT
COMSOL Moderator

Hello Farnood Sobhbidari

Your Discussion has gone 30 days without a reply. If you still need help with COMSOL and have an on-subscription license, please visit our Support Center for help.

If you do not hold an on-subscription license, you may find an answer in another Discussion or in the Knowledge Base.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.