Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Particle Tracing

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hi all,

i hope someone can help me.

Im trying to run a Particle Tracing Simulation, but i have a disperse Phase over 1%.
In the Particle tracing doc only is this explained: "This means that the
volume fraction of the particles is much smaller than the volume fraction of the
continuous phase, generally less than 1%. When the volume fraction of the particles is
not small, the fluid system is categorized as a dense flow and a different modeling
approach is required."
But there are no more Explanations which different modeling is required for the dense flow and how i can simulate it.
Can anybody help me please?
Regards
Manuel

0 Replies Last Post Jun 22, 2017, 5:02 a.m. EDT
COMSOL Moderator

Hello Manuel Münch

Your Discussion has gone 30 days without a reply. If you still need help with COMSOL and have an on-subscription license, please visit our Support Center for help.

If you do not hold an on-subscription license, you may find an answer in another Discussion or in the Knowledge Base.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.