Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Problem with 1D modeling

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hi,

I am using Comsol to model an electrochemical capacitor. And I build a 1 D model for it, in which there is 1 porous electrode on each side and there is electrolyte solution between porous electrodes. I used 'Electrostatics' and 'Transport of diluted species' nodes in the model. However, I came across an error constantly when running the model, as shown bellow.

Failed to find a solution for the initial parameter.
Maximum number of Newton iterations reached.
There was an error message from the linear solver.
The relative error (7.9e+002) is greater than the relative tolerance.
Returned solution is not converged.
- Feature: Stationary Solver 1 (sol1/s1)

Could someone give me some idea about the solutions for this? Much appreciated!

Best,

0 Replies Last Post Jul 7, 2017, 1:29 p.m. EDT
COMSOL Moderator

Hello Geoff Zhang

Your Discussion has gone 30 days without a reply. If you still need help with COMSOL and have an on-subscription license, please visit our Support Center for help.

If you do not hold an on-subscription license, you may find an answer in another Discussion or in the Knowledge Base.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.