Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

PDE - Single phase porous media flow through fracture

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hello,

I have built a single phase gas flow in a horizontal fractured well model using the general PDE. My model is in 2 D. I want to know how can I calculate rate (mass flux)? I found an expression in Derived Values under General Form PDE that says (dflux.P). When I have done this integration it gives me a close result to the line integration of the PDE ((density*Permeability/viscosity)P) along the outlet of the system.
So I want to know if the flux is in Mass per meter of or per m^2.

Also, I want to know how can I calculate the integration of the following expression ("density*permeability/viscosity"dP) from P equals P1 to P equals P2. I do not know how to write it in Comsol especially that the system is 2 D.

Many thanks,

Mustafa a

0 Replies Last Post Jul 8, 2017, 10:57 a.m. EDT
COMSOL Moderator

Hello Mustafa Amer

Your Discussion has gone 30 days without a reply. If you still need help with COMSOL and have an on-subscription license, please visit our Support Center for help.

If you do not hold an on-subscription license, you may find an answer in another Discussion or in the Knowledge Base.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.