Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

What does qwf_u command mean?

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hello,

What does qwf_u command mean? I want to calculate the convection heat transfer coefficient h. After that, the number of Nusselt.

Thanks for helping me.

5 Replies Last Post Jul 14, 2017, 9:01 a.m. EDT
Jeff Hiller COMSOL Employee

Posted: 7 years ago Jul 11, 2017, 8:08 a.m. EDT
Hello,
If a string is present in your model, you can find it and its meaning using Ctrl+F, see www.comsol.com/community/forums/general/thread/133412 .
Best,
Jeff
Hello, If a string is present in your model, you can find it and its meaning using Ctrl+F, see https://www.comsol.com/community/forums/general/thread/133412 . Best, Jeff

Posted: 7 years ago Jul 11, 2017, 5:45 p.m. EDT
Hi,

And how about qwf_u command?

Thanks
Hi, And how about qwf_u command? Thanks

Ivar KJELBERG COMSOL Multiphysics(r) fan, retired, former "Senior Expert" at CSEM SA (CH)

Posted: 7 years ago Jul 12, 2017, 2:35 p.m. EDT
Hi

What about checking the CFD documentation (p231 v5.3) "wall function heat flux" the _u probably stand for the u component, check it out in the Equation View with the hint of Jeff.

When I have a doubt I run an index search on the COMSOL pdf docs, therein you find everything, but there are so many formulas and variables ;) For the rest the Equation view gives you the complements

--
Good luck
Ivar
Hi What about checking the CFD documentation (p231 v5.3) "wall function heat flux" the _u probably stand for the u component, check it out in the Equation View with the hint of Jeff. When I have a doubt I run an index search on the COMSOL pdf docs, therein you find everything, but there are so many formulas and variables ;) For the rest the Equation view gives you the complements -- Good luck Ivar

Posted: 7 years ago Jul 14, 2017, 8:44 a.m. EDT
Updated: 7 years ago Jul 14, 2017, 8:47 a.m. EDT
Hi,

if you do not want to help, I beg you not to respond. I already looked but I still did not understand. I do not have experience with the computational package.

A hug.

Hi

What about checking the CFD documentation (p231 v5.3) "wall function heat flux" the _u probably stand for the u component, check it out in the Equation View with the hint of Jeff.

When I have a doubt I run an index search on the COMSOL pdf docs, therein you find everything, but there are so many formulas and variables ;) For the rest the Equation view gives you the complements

--
Good luck
Ivar

Hi, if you do not want to help, I beg you not to respond. I already looked but I still did not understand. I do not have experience with the computational package. A hug. [QUOTE] Hi What about checking the CFD documentation (p231 v5.3) "wall function heat flux" the _u probably stand for the u component, check it out in the Equation View with the hint of Jeff. When I have a doubt I run an index search on the COMSOL pdf docs, therein you find everything, but there are so many formulas and variables ;) For the rest the Equation view gives you the complements -- Good luck Ivar [/QUOTE]

Posted: 7 years ago Jul 14, 2017, 9:01 a.m. EDT
Good morning,

I already did it but I still have doubts.

Grateful.

Hello,
If a string is present in your model, you can find it and its meaning using Ctrl+F, see www.comsol.com/community/forums/general/thread/133412 .
Best,
Jeff

Good morning, I already did it but I still have doubts. Grateful. [QUOTE] Hello, If a string is present in your model, you can find it and its meaning using Ctrl+F, see https://www.comsol.com/community/forums/general/thread/133412 . Best, Jeff [/QUOTE]

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.