Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Surface Reaction on Porous Media

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hello all,
I am hoping someone may have some insight on how to do these. I would like to model a reaction that occurs on the surface of pellets which are no porous.

The reaction scheme:
A+B(ads)<=>C(ads)
D+C(ads)=>E(ads)
E(ads)<=>B(ads)+2F

Where B(ads) is the reactive surface site. In this case, an immobilized enzyme the follows an order bi-bi reaction.

It's way to computationally expensive to model the pellets packed into a column directly. I think there should be a clever way to take advantage of the new Reactive Pellet Bed feature in the TDS module. However, these feature does not take into account the density of sites, and site occupancy number. It would be great if there was a way to couple the surface reaction module create the surface reaction in the porous matrix.

Does anyone have any ideas or suggestions?

Greatly appreciated.

Kyle

1 Reply Last Post Jul 16, 2017, 1:58 a.m. EDT

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Posted: 7 years ago Jul 16, 2017, 1:58 a.m. EDT
got it.
got it.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.