Note: This discussion is about an older version of the COMSOL Multiphysics® software. The information provided may be out of date.

Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Coupling Poisson Nernst-Planck and the Navier Stokes equation in a nanopore.

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

I am able to couple the PNP equations for this study 10.1021/acs.jpcc.6b09907 and was able to reproduce their PNP results in terms of the current/potential response. The problem happens when I try to add the Navier Stokes equation through the laminar flow module I cannot reproduce their current potential response I get crazy results like negative current at positive potentials. The flow is incompressible. I have an inlet and outlet at the electrodes with pressure no viscous stress at both. No slip on the walls of the nanopore and reservoir but not the electrodes. Initial values all at zero. Volume force with the electric field vector multiplied by the space charge density. Any help would be really appreciated as I have no clue where the problem is coming from. I have version 4.3.

0 Replies Last Post Jul 14, 2017, 3:28 p.m. EDT
COMSOL Moderator

Hello Warren Brown

Your Discussion has gone 30 days without a reply. If you still need help with COMSOL and have an on-subscription license, please visit our Support Center for help.

If you do not hold an on-subscription license, you may find an answer in another Discussion or in the Knowledge Base.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.