Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Understanding and fixing the singularity error

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

I have been working with microwave plasmas recently. Everything worked perfectly fine until I decided to add a metal contact boundary condition with a sinusoidal current (Asinwt).

Now I get a singularity error no matter what I change or do. The model runs perfectly when the current equals 0. So I think the problem is not with the boundary conditions since I just added the metal contact condition and changed nothing else.

This is the error that I get:

Repeated error test failures. May have reached a singularity
Time : 3.945307058587785e-008
Last time step is not converged.

Sorry, I can't upload the model due to " File extension error".

I have no Idea what I am doing wrong. Any help would be very much appreciated.

Thanks.

1 Reply Last Post Oct 20, 2017, 8:47 a.m. EDT
COMSOL Moderator

Hello Jessie Frost

Your Discussion has gone 30 days without a reply. If you still need help with COMSOL and have an on-subscription license, please visit our Support Center for help.

If you do not hold an on-subscription license, you may find an answer in another Discussion or in the Knowledge Base.

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Posted: 6 years ago Oct 20, 2017, 8:47 a.m. EDT

Hi,

When you receive such error, at first try to adjust "Relative tolerance" parameter from 1e-2 down to 1e-6. Hope it'll help

Hi, When you receive such error, at first try to adjust "Relative tolerance" parameter from 1e-2 down to 1e-6. Hope it'll help

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.