Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Details of line integration

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hi All,

Could any one explain how does COMOSl perform line integration ? Suppose I have a 2D rectangular domain within which Ca2+ will diffusion from left to right. I want to calculate the total Ca2+ flux density across the middle line of the domain. To do so I need first define a vertical line at the middle of the domain and then perform line integration of Ca2+ flux density along this line to get the sum. My question is: what is the math details behind this line integration ? Dose COMSOL first calculate the average value of flux density at this line and then use this average value times line length to get the integrated result ?

Thanks in advance for your help !

Best,
Stuart

0 Replies Last Post Jul 24, 2017, 2:16 p.m. EDT
COMSOL Moderator

Hello srbl226

Your Discussion has gone 30 days without a reply. If you still need help with COMSOL and have an on-subscription license, please visit our Support Center for help.

If you do not hold an on-subscription license, you may find an answer in another Discussion or in the Knowledge Base.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.