Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

External Current Density

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hello,

I am trying to simulate a really simple magnetic field, but encountered an error message that says:
[Failed to find a solution.
The relative residual (3.4e+037) is greater than the relative tolerance.
There was a warning message from the linear solver.
Iterative refinement triggered.
Returned solution is not converged.]

We are trying to simulate a magnetic field in an empty cylindrical cavity with external current density in the z-direction (direction of the axis of the cylinder). We used AC/DC > mf module, and typed in some values in the external current density option, but confronted that error message. Can you help me with what are the additional details that I need to put in to get rid of the error?

3 Replies Last Post Jul 27, 2017, 1:44 a.m. EDT

Posted: 7 years ago Jul 25, 2017, 2:17 a.m. EDT
Looks like an overconstrained model and probably unrelated to the external current density.

Cannot tell more without the model.

Regards

Jens
Looks like an overconstrained model and probably unrelated to the external current density. Cannot tell more without the model. Regards Jens

Posted: 7 years ago Jul 26, 2017, 2:36 a.m. EDT
Hello,

It is a very simple model. I am attaching the file below.

Thanks!
Hello, It is a very simple model. I am attaching the file below. Thanks!

Posted: 7 years ago Jul 27, 2017, 1:44 a.m. EDT
Your model lacks the surrounding air domain.

Regards

Jens
Your model lacks the surrounding air domain. Regards Jens

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.