Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Solid domains being treated as fluid domain

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

I am attempting to import a 3D SolidWorks geometry into the CFD module and do a laminar external flow drag simulation. I can import the geometry, build a domain box around it, and assign materials. The domain box is water, and the imported geometry is a solid material. But for some reason the 'Fluid Properties' node under Laminar Flow is treating both domains as fluid, and will not allow me to de-select the imported object domain. And when I run the simulation it fails to converge to a solution. Not sure if the two issues are related or not. Any help is appreciated.

0 Replies Last Post Aug 17, 2017, 9:48 a.m. EDT
COMSOL Moderator

Hello Andy Gish

Your Discussion has gone 30 days without a reply. If you still need help with COMSOL and have an on-subscription license, please visit our Support Center for help.

If you do not hold an on-subscription license, you may find an answer in another Discussion or in the Knowledge Base.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.