Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Dielectric particle coating with nano-scale Au thin film

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Dear experts,

I have a question about AC/DC module. A dielectric particle (sigma=1e-2[S/m], epsilonr=2.5) suspended in medium (sigma=0.7[mS/m], epsilonr=80) suffers from uniform electric field generated by a pair of parallel electrodes, which I attempt to simulate using Frequency Domain (10[kHz]~0.1[MHz]) in Electric Currents (ec).

Unfortunately, the error message occurs when nano-scale Au thin film (sigma=4.5e7[S/m], epsilonr=6.9) is coated onto the particle. I suspect the conductivity of Au is much more than this dielectric particle resulted in non-convergence solution. But, I wanna know how to solve this model? Please, give me some suggestion, Thank you :).

0 Replies Last Post Aug 27, 2017, 9:22 a.m. EDT
COMSOL Moderator

Hello Stone Hudson

Your Discussion has gone 30 days without a reply. If you still need help with COMSOL and have an on-subscription license, please visit our Support Center for help.

If you do not hold an on-subscription license, you may find an answer in another Discussion or in the Knowledge Base.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.