Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Data from a cut line with Livelink Matlab

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hello,

I'm studing an optical waveguide in Comsol.
I have defined a cut line 2D to observe the electric field z-component along the width of the waveguide.
Then I have used the livelink matlab command:

mphinterp(model,{'real(ewfd.Ez)'},'dataset','cln1','Solnum','5')

to retrieve the same electric field z-component and plot the corresponding profile.
I have almost the same plot as in Comsol but there are some supplementary points that give the plot a saw tooth like profile.
If I export the data from Comsol into a file and use them to plot the field, I have the same smooth plot as in Comsol but I don't want to loose time exporting the data like this.

What are those supplementary points given by mphinterp? What is the good way to directly retrieve data from a cut line to avoid them?

Thanks in advance!

0 Replies Last Post Aug 28, 2017, 5:23 a.m. EDT
COMSOL Moderator

Hello Pierre Guilleme

Your Discussion has gone 30 days without a reply. If you still need help with COMSOL and have an on-subscription license, please visit our Support Center for help.

If you do not hold an on-subscription license, you may find an answer in another Discussion or in the Knowledge Base.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.