Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Joule heating using terminal

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hello.
I'm trying to simulate the process of plasma-plasma sintering.
To set the heating rate, I model the PID controller with the input current at the upper boundary using the terminal.
But the resultant current at all points of the model is the same, which is incorrect.
What's my mistake?

I added a link to the model file, because I can not attach a file here.

yadi.sk/d/_DdnVw1t3McJo7

1 Reply Last Post Sep 12, 2017, 2:26 a.m. EDT
Dmitry COMSOL Employee

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Posted: 7 years ago Sep 12, 2017, 2:26 a.m. EDT
Nikita,

I computed your model, and the current density is not uniform in the domain. May be you should adjust Range limits in the Plot Settings to see the current distribution in the domain. See picture attached.

--
Best regards,
Dmitrii L.
Nikita, I computed your model, and the current density is not uniform in the domain. May be you should adjust Range limits in the Plot Settings to see the current distribution in the domain. See picture attached. -- Best regards, Dmitrii L.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.