Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

parameter estimation with surface reaction module

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

I am trying to estimate some parameters (Kon, Koff) for a surface reaction in a microchannel. The surface reaction is happening along a small part of the boundary in a 2D space. i have the surface reaction module set up to monitor the surface concentration of the formed species (cs_AB).

The simulation works when tested with some arbitrary values. Now I want to estimate the real parameters from my experimental data. So i set up my reference data which contains the concentration along the reaction surface, and the time.

i have 2 questions:

1. the surface concentration is stored in the variable cs_AB , however when I enter this variable in the parameter estimation module (in the expression field for value), it gives the error that the expression 'cs_AB' is not known while solving. also entering 'comp1.cs_AB' gives this error.although in the parameter estimation equations view, it recognizes the expression and automatically labels it as a 'surface concentration'. is the surface reaction module even compatible with the parameter estimation?

2. my reference data actually contains the integral of the surface concentration along the boundary. is there a way to integrate the found surface concentrate cs_AB along my boundary, and then use this value to fit my parameters to the reference data?

0 Replies Last Post Sep 12, 2017, 2:05 p.m. EDT
COMSOL Moderator

Hello Jasper N

Your Discussion has gone 30 days without a reply. If you still need help with COMSOL and have an on-subscription license, please visit our Support Center for help.

If you do not hold an on-subscription license, you may find an answer in another Discussion or in the Knowledge Base.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.