Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

EWOD Simulation - Two phase laminar flow -The interface doesn`t move

Cristian Daniel López

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hi: I am currently working in a clasical EWOD simulation (I have attached the model). The model use the following modules:

CIR (Electrical Circuit) with a voltage source and a resistor to control the applied current, ES (Electrostaticas) : the voltage of the voltage source is applied through a "terminal" boundary (needle). A thin Low Permittivity gap simulates an hydrophobic layer. SPF (Laminar Flow and two phase laminar flow)

The ES and SPF modules are related by a Maxwell Stress Tensor calculation. In the "Volume force" boundary the components of the force in r and z coordinates (calculated from the MST) are introduced.

After I performed the simulation the results agree with the theory (preasure, and Force direction in the triple point), but the interface didn`t move at all. I think that with the current configuration I should see how the interface moves, but that is not the case.

¿How can I see the interface movement? ¿Am I making a mistake in the configuration?

Kind regards, Cristian

0 Replies Last Post Sep 16, 2017, 2:52 p.m. EDT
COMSOL Moderator

Hello Cristian Daniel López

Your Discussion has gone 30 days without a reply. If you still need help with COMSOL and have an on-subscription license, please visit our Support Center for help.

If you do not hold an on-subscription license, you may find an answer in another Discussion or in the Knowledge Base.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.