Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

How to set a material color transparent in appearance?

Bulk Superconductivity

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Dear all,

I have been trying to figure out how to set a material transparent in the material appereance properties. I have a domain that is meant to be air and thus it would be good for me to show its transparent when I am displaying the basic components of a machine I am modelling. I have not figure out how to make the air domain transparent, in the options I am given I can set diffuse and ambient color opacity to a low value to make it transparent but since I can't set the ambient color transparent, all domains that lie within the air domain will show as whatever color set in the ambient color instead of the color they are meant to be.

The workarounds I have thought for now is to make duplicates of the solution with the respective color and do not include the air domain, not the best apperance for materials. Choose transparency in the graphics option but this doesn't look very good. Unselect the air domain from the materials properties, again not the best result.

0 Replies Last Post Sep 19, 2017, 8:30 a.m. EDT
COMSOL Moderator

Hello Bulk Superconductivity

Your Discussion has gone 30 days without a reply. If you still need help with COMSOL and have an on-subscription license, please visit our Support Center for help.

If you do not hold an on-subscription license, you may find an answer in another Discussion or in the Knowledge Base.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.