Note: This discussion is about an older version of the COMSOL Multiphysics® software. The information provided may be out of date.

Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Mass flow rate in heat transfer model

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hello,

I'm currently busy with a model for scalp cooling. This means the head is cooled with a cold fluid that flows through a cap wich is placed over the head. I know this cooling fluid gets warmer as a result of the biological heat transfer. But this heat will be taken away because of the mass flow system of the cooling cap.

My problem is that I don't know how to model this mass flow. If someone could explain me how to make a mass flow inlet with a certain temperature and volume and a mass flow outlet with the same volume but warmer because of the biological tissue heat transfer I would be very gratefull.

Sincerly,

Max Graduate student applied physics

1 Reply Last Post Sep 25, 2017, 2:55 a.m. EDT

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Posted: 7 years ago Sep 25, 2017, 2:55 a.m. EDT

Dear Max ,

I suggest you send your question directly to support@comsol.com.

Kind regards,

Yara Soares

COMSOL BV | Röntgenlaan 37 | 2719 DX Zoetermeer Phone: +31 (0)79 363 4230 | Fax: +31 (0)79 361 4212

www.comsol.nl | yara.soares@comsol.com

Dear Max , I suggest you send your question directly to support@comsol.com. Kind regards, Yara Soares ---------------------------------------------------------------------- COMSOL BV | Röntgenlaan 37 | 2719 DX Zoetermeer Phone: +31 (0)79 363 4230 | Fax: +31 (0)79 361 4212 www.comsol.nl | yara.soares@comsol.com ----------------------------------------------------------------------

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.