Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

3D Saw Device - Mean operator requires a meshed adjacent entity of higher dimension

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hi all, Firstly, I am a newbie here. I am sorry if this is not the appropiate place to ask my question. I've modelled a 2D SAW device and now I am moving onto 3D simulations. I am getting the following error when I try to run my model. Failed to evaluate operator. - Operator: mean - Geometry: geom1 - Boundary: 2 Mean operator requires a meshed adjacent entity of higher dimension. Failed to evaluate expression. - Expression: mean(comp1.solid.cs) Failed to evaluate variable. - Variable: comp1.solid.cs - Geometry: geom1 - Boundary: 2 Failed to evaluate expression. - Expression: ((((((-(((t1Ycomp1.v)+(t1Xcomp1.u))+(t1Zcomp1.w)))t1X)comp1.solid.cs)-((t2X(((t2Xcomp1.u)+(comp1.vt2Y))+(comp1.wt2Z)))comp1.solid.cs))-(comp1.solid.cp(comp1.solid.nX(((comp1.ucomp1.solid.nX)+(comp1.vcomp1.solid.nY))+(comp1.wcomp1.solid.nZ)))))(comp1.solid.iomegacomp1.solid.rho))dvol Failed to evaluate Jacobian of expression. - Expression: (comp1.solid.iomegacomp1.solid.rho(-(t1Xcomp1.u+t1Ycomp1.v+t1Zcomp1.w)(t1Xtest(comp1.u)+t1Ytest(comp1.v)+t1Ztest(comp1.w))comp1.solid.cs-(t2Xcomp1.u+t2Ycomp1.v+t2Zcomp1.w)(t2Xtest(comp1.u)+t2Ytest(comp1.v)+t2Ztest(comp1.w))comp1.solid.cs-(comp1.solid.nXcomp1.u+comp1.solid.nYcomp1.v+comp1.solid.nZcomp1.w)(comp1.solid.nXtest(comp1.u)+comp1.solid.nYtest(comp1.v)+comp1.solid.nZtest(comp1.w))comp1.solid.cp))*(dvol) - Feature: Stationary Solver 1 (sol1/s1)

I am not entirely sure why I got this but the attached file is my model and your help would be appreciated if you could have a look at it. Cheers. Alp

1 Reply Last Post Oct 2, 2017, 12:24 p.m. EDT
Dave Greve Certified Consultant

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Posted: 7 years ago Oct 2, 2017, 12:24 p.m. EDT

There's an important warning

"No mesh on domain 1 in geometry 1, mesh case 0. Not all domains are meshed."

Your problem is that you have meshed the surfaces but not the volume. When you do I suspect you will find that the problem is impractically big. I suggest you use symmetry and work out a more clever meshing scheme.

D.W. Greve DWGreve Consulting

There's an important warning "No mesh on domain 1 in geometry 1, mesh case 0. Not all domains are meshed." Your problem is that you have meshed the surfaces but not the volume. When you do I suspect you will find that the problem is impractically big. I suggest you use symmetry and work out a more clever meshing scheme. D.W. Greve DWGreve Consulting

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.