Note: This discussion is about an older version of the COMSOL Multiphysics® software. The information provided may be out of date.

Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Static Time step analysis

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hi, I am working on a natural convection model. I am using Comsol 4.3a. I wish to do static time step analysis study. While using comsol, the general settings under Time-independent tab under solver are:- Maximum step size - 0.01 Type - Free While using these parameters, the step size changes continuously. But, if we change to Type - Strict, the step size changes continuously again but with a lower value after convergence. My requirement is to keep a static time step, where the time step does not change at all. How is it possible?

Warm Regards, Gurpreet Singh

0 Replies Last Post Oct 3, 2017, 3:37 a.m. EDT
COMSOL Moderator

Hello Gurpreet Singh Sodhi

Your Discussion has gone 30 days without a reply. If you still need help with COMSOL and have an on-subscription license, please visit our Support Center for help.

If you do not hold an on-subscription license, you may find an answer in another Discussion or in the Knowledge Base.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.