Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

3D Visualization Plot Problem of User-Defined Acoustic Pressure

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hello COMSOLers,

I am modeling the acoustic waves released by a point source and assign an equation to calculate the pressure in "Local Variable" instead of using Helmholtz equation of the Acoustic Module. I've built the equations rather the same according to the "Bessel Panel" model in the library. Specifically, I used the the "dest" operator to define the distance between the observation point and the source point like this: r=sqrt((dest(x)-x)^2+(dest(y)-y)^2 +(dest(z)-z)^2) and use the "Integration Coupling" to choose the point source as input, then I defined the "pan= intop1(p01/rexp(iacpr.kr))" where the inner is analytic pressure equation with p0 [Pa*m] as a constant.

The slice plot for the "pan" has discontinuity issue righ at its position, however, if I take the plot for another position, the discontinuity disappears . Please take a look and input me some advice!

P/S: Note that this problem also occurs with the "Bessel Panel" if the slice plot is taken right at the source points position

BR,

Quoc Pham

0 Replies Last Post Oct 4, 2017, 2:32 a.m. EDT
COMSOL Moderator

Hello Quoc Pham

Your Discussion has gone 30 days without a reply. If you still need help with COMSOL and have an on-subscription license, please visit our Support Center for help.

If you do not hold an on-subscription license, you may find an answer in another Discussion or in the Knowledge Base.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.