Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Meshing Error

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Dear All, I have five connected parallel cuboids with different HEIGHTS (out of them one is of WIDTH 24000nm and one is of 120nm). I am using CUSTOM settings for meshing with MINIMUM ELEMENT SIZE of 1nm. But still while running the geometry, everytime i encountered with the meshing error messages; 1) Irrespective of edge element. 2) An empty cavity is generated.

What is the best method used for meshing, for such errors, please suggest.

Asha Sharma

2 Replies Last Post Jan 30, 2018, 6:49 a.m. EST
Jeff Hiller COMSOL Employee

Posted: 7 years ago Oct 10, 2017, 3:10 p.m. EDT

Hello Asha, Mesh design should be influenced by two main considerations: what physics you are trying to simulate (As in: you need a mesh that is fine enough to capture the gradients in the solution), and, of course, what geometry you are trying to approximate. With that said, to get useful insights from other users of this forum I would encourage you to describe the physis you are ultimately trying to simulate and to post your .mph file so they can interact with your geometry and mesh settings. Best regards, Jeff

-------------------
Jeff Hiller
Hello Asha, Mesh design should be influenced by two main considerations: what physics you are trying to simulate (As in: you need a mesh that is fine enough to capture the gradients in the solution), and, of course, what geometry you are trying to approximate. With that said, to get useful insights from other users of this forum I would encourage you to describe the physis you are ultimately trying to simulate and to post your .mph file so they can interact with your geometry and mesh settings. Best regards, Jeff

Posted: 6 years ago Jan 30, 2018, 6:49 a.m. EST
Updated: 6 years ago Jan 30, 2018, 6:50 a.m. EST

Hello Jeff, Somehow my COMSOL meshing problem got solved at time when I initially posted it. But I couldn't find out the root cause. Meshing problem is again popping up for the somewhat similar geometry showing the same error messages: 1) Irrespective of edge element. 2) An empty cavity is generated. I am using ELECTROSTATIC (AC/DC) physics with TETRAHEDRAL meshing. My COMSOL model geometry consist of cuboids and conical .
Please Help me out.

Thanks, Asha Sharma INDIA

Hello Jeff, Somehow my COMSOL meshing problem got solved at time when I initially posted it. But I couldn't find out the root cause. Meshing problem is again popping up for the somewhat similar geometry showing the same error messages: 1) Irrespective of edge element. 2) An empty cavity is generated. I am using ELECTROSTATIC (AC/DC) physics with TETRAHEDRAL meshing. My COMSOL model geometry consist of cuboids and conical . Please Help me out. ------- Thanks, Asha Sharma INDIA

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.