Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Laser based additive manufacturing

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

I am working of simulation for Selective Laser Melting(Additive Manufacturing). Simulation takes a powder layer of a metal typically of thickness 50um. Subsequently a laser beam (Gaussian ) scans a particular geometry. Powder melts to give molten metal and on cooling molten metal solidifies to metal that have different density(Implies solidified metal have different properties than initial powder taken). On starting I am simulating with spot laser scanning. I am having difficulty implicating how can we change properties of solidified metal while working with Heat transfer with Phase Change (Phase-1 Powder Phase-2 Molten) and solidified metal is having properties different then Phase 1 (There is basically volume shrinkage/density change between Phase-1-Powder and Solidified Metal)

0 Replies Last Post Oct 11, 2017, 11:41 a.m. EDT
COMSOL Moderator

Hello Faiyaz Ahsan

Your Discussion has gone 30 days without a reply. If you still need help with COMSOL and have an on-subscription license, please visit our Support Center for help.

If you do not hold an on-subscription license, you may find an answer in another Discussion or in the Knowledge Base.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.