Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

MEMS Shaker Test

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hi Everyone! I need some help regarding simulation of MEMS Shaker Test on COMSOL. My problem involves the attached geometry (bimorph cantilever). The left end of this cantilever will be fixed on the shaker (via a fixture attached on shaker's rod). The rod does an up and down motion and this vibratory motion is being used to vibrate the beam. The frequency with which rod vibrates is being increased/decreased to see the effect of frequency on voltage produced by the bimorph.
The block at the right end on the beam is infact a load to act as pre-stress. Now what I don't understand is that how do I apply the boundary conditions here. I've tried the concepts of prescribed acceleration and dispacement but failed. Please guide me where I'm wrong?

0 Replies Last Post Nov 7, 2017, 11:45 p.m. EST
COMSOL Moderator

Hello Shah Rukh

Your Discussion has gone 30 days without a reply. If you still need help with COMSOL and have an on-subscription license, please visit our Support Center for help.

If you do not hold an on-subscription license, you may find an answer in another Discussion or in the Knowledge Base.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.