Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Evaporating droplet by level-set (How to shrink the drop due o evaporation?)

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hi, I would lilke to simulate an evaporating sessile droplet. I tried the Level-set module in COMSOL but it seems it does not work! At the water-gas interface of a evaporating droplet, the flow is not divergence free. This feature shrinks the droplet during evaporation. But in the COMSOL interface, I did not find a place to add the velocity jump term to the Continuity Equation which is already del.u = 0 (divergence free). I know that I may be able to do this project by Moving Mesh module, but I still would like to understand whether it is possible to add the velocity jump term to the continuity equation (i.e., del.u = X). Any help is appreciated. Thanks Mohsen

1 Reply Last Post Nov 30, 2017, 12:31 a.m. EST

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Posted: 6 years ago Nov 30, 2017, 12:31 a.m. EST

Could you upload your model & boundary file?

Should check your boundary condtion and operating condition! (or geometry)

Could you upload your model & boundary file? Should check your boundary condtion and operating condition! (or geometry)

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.