Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Unsteady ( Time Dependent) Problem

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hi,

This COMSOL is very running fine for me for steady state Conjugate Heat transfer problem ( Stationary Solver) but the same problem is not running for the Time Dependent solver , showing error like :

- Segregated Group X1

-Previous Time step not stored etc.

-Once its worked for 1200 time steps, when I increase the time steps its not going beyond 1200 steps and also not showing any kind of error and also the result is very far from the actual problem. From the last 15days I am trying my hand on Time Dependent solver but havn't got any solution.

The Problem Is : Producer Gases with adiabatic flame temp 0f 2400 k is flowing inside a cylinder with one inlet(30cm
) at middle and two outlet (15 cm) basically a 2D asymmetric model.

Second thing , Please help me to draw the vector profile ( as in FLUENT) of Gas velocity for a plane in same problem. COuld you please tell me what is the difference with Arrow line , Arrow Surface and Streamline in 2D Plot.

I would appreciate your quick response in this regards .

Ishant Jain

0 Replies Last Post Mar 31, 2011, 1:37 a.m. EDT
COMSOL Moderator

Hello

Your Discussion has gone 30 days without a reply. If you still need help with COMSOL and have an on-subscription license, please visit our Support Center for help.

If you do not hold an on-subscription license, you may find an answer in another Discussion or in the Knowledge Base.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.