Note: This discussion is about an older version of the COMSOL Multiphysics® software. The information provided may be out of date.

Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

how to add moisture expansion co-efficient to any comsol model

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Can anyone plz tell me that how to add moisture expansion co-efficient or relative humidity to my comsol model.

2 Replies Last Post Jan 10, 2018, 1:49 a.m. EST
Jeff Hiller COMSOL Employee

Posted: 6 years ago Dec 21, 2017, 8:00 a.m. EST

Hello Rahul,

Hygroscopic swelling is a functionality available in the Structural Mechanics Module and MEMS Module, starting at version 5.1. This blog contains an introduction to it: https://www.comsol.com/blogs/how-to-model-hygroscopic-swelling/ .

Best regards,

Jeff

-------------------
Jeff Hiller
Hello Rahul, Hygroscopic swelling is a functionality available in the Structural Mechanics Module and MEMS Module, starting at version 5.1. This blog contains an introduction to it: https://www.comsol.com/blogs/how-to-model-hygroscopic-swelling/ . Best regards, Jeff

Posted: 6 years ago Jan 10, 2018, 1:49 a.m. EST

Respected sir, first of all thank you very much for your kind suggestion, now i have comsol version 5.2. Now i am trying to input the values of moisture content, (delta C) = 0%, 1%, 2% and Temperature (delta T = 0, 20K, 40K) and want to analyse their coupling effect. I am working in solid mechanics module and trying to find out the eigenfrequency of FGM beam. plz reply asap. Thanks/Regards Rahul Singh (PG student)

Respected sir, first of all thank you very much for your kind suggestion, now i have comsol version 5.2. Now i am trying to input the values of moisture content, (delta C) = 0%, 1%, 2% and Temperature (delta T = 0, 20K, 40K) and want to analyse their coupling effect. I am working in solid mechanics module and trying to find out the eigenfrequency of FGM beam. plz reply asap. Thanks/Regards Rahul Singh (PG student)

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.