Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

How can I get the result along a line?

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Now I use comsol to analyze the vibration of the plate and I obtain the vibrational displacement of the plate. I want to obtain the vibrational displacement along a line. For example, The plate is sqaure with dimension 1x1 and I want to see the displacement along the diagonal line. How can I do that?

1 Reply Last Post Dec 26, 2017, 4:11 p.m. EST
Edgar J. Kaiser Certified Consultant

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Posted: 6 years ago Dec 26, 2017, 4:11 p.m. EST

Zhihui,

you can use a line plot in a 1D plot group. For the line you have two options. 1. Include the line into the geometry. You can then directly select it for the line plot. 2. Create a cut line dataset and use it for the line plot.

Cheers Edgar

-------------------
Edgar J. Kaiser
emPhys Physical Technology
www.emphys.com
Zhihui, you can use a line plot in a 1D plot group. For the line you have two options. 1. Include the line into the geometry. You can then directly select it for the line plot. 2. Create a cut line dataset and use it for the line plot. Cheers Edgar

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.