Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Pre-stressed eigen-frequency analysis of hyper-elastic plate with Flouquet Bloch boundary condition

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Dear All, I am trying to simulate a hyper-elastic material plate to draw its dispersion curve. I used prestressed eigenfrequency module and applied prescribed displacement on four boundaries of the plate so that it remains pre-stressed. For dispersion curve I need to apply Floquet Bloch boundary condition on four boundaries of my plate. Now at a time on each boundary Periodicity and displacement is applied. When I run the simulation it does not work. I tried stationary simulation separately and simulate the plate with prescribed boundary condition. It works till this stage. Now When I export the result of this simulation to used it in eigenfrequency module using interpolation (int1) function, it gives wrong result. So I wanted to ask, How can I apply the pre-stress condition on plate so that periodic condition should also work and i can get dispersion curve?

Thank you

0 Replies Last Post Jan 10, 2018, 2:27 a.m. EST
COMSOL Moderator

Hello MG

Your Discussion has gone 30 days without a reply. If you still need help with COMSOL and have an on-subscription license, please visit our Support Center for help.

If you do not hold an on-subscription license, you may find an answer in another Discussion or in the Knowledge Base.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.