Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

How to describe the influence of temperature to piezoresisitive effect

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hi

I want to find out the sensitivity of my piezoresitive strain gauge. In order to do that, based on the application:"piezoresistive pressure sensor".The expression of conductivity is sigma0(nd[m^3]).It makes me wonder and has no clue to understand this.I guess this is a default variable of comsol. My question is that : I want to add the heat transfer in solids interface to piezoresistive effect . How should I acquire that? Since here is the matrix that is defined by comsol : {58.8e-11[1/Pa]/sigma0(nd[m^3])[S/m], -27.2e-11[1/Pa]/sigma0(nd[m^3])[S/m], 58.8e-11[1/Pa]/sigma0(nd[m^3])[S/m], -27.2e-11[1/Pa]/sigma0(nd[m^3])[S/m], -27.2e-11[1/Pa]/sigma0(nd[m^3])[S/m], 58.8e-11[1/Pa]/sigma0(nd[m^3])[S/m], 0, 0, 0, 85.9e-11[1/Pa]/sigma0(nd[m^3])[S/m], 0, 0, 0, 0, 85.9e-11[1/Pa]/sigma0(nd[m^3])[S/m], 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 85.9e-11[1/Pa]/sigma0(nd[m^3])[S/m]} However, how should I set if I also wanted to make the conductivity a function of temperature. Or how to add the temperature coeffcient of resistance in material properities.

Best Regards Sheng Qu

0 Replies Last Post Jan 15, 2018, 2:29 a.m. EST
COMSOL Moderator

Hello S Q

Your Discussion has gone 30 days without a reply. If you still need help with COMSOL and have an on-subscription license, please visit our Support Center for help.

If you do not hold an on-subscription license, you may find an answer in another Discussion or in the Knowledge Base.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.