Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Stress distribution

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hello everyone,

Is it possible to generate diagrams of the stress distribution in the cross section? I am working with a 3D model in the Structural mechanics module.

Kind regards,

Jovana.

4 Replies Last Post Feb 23, 2018, 7:47 a.m. EST
Henrik Sönnerlind COMSOL Employee

Posted: 6 years ago Feb 15, 2018, 7:49 a.m. EST

Hi Jovana,

Can you please specify what type of diagram you are looking for? It may be the Stress Linearization feature you need, or just a Slice Plot in a 3D plot group.

Do you need stress components in a cross section local system?

Regards,

Henrik

-------------------
Henrik Sönnerlind
COMSOL
Hi Jovana, Can you please specify what type of diagram you are looking for? It may be the Stress Linearization feature you need, or just a Slice Plot in a 3D plot group. Do you need stress components in a cross section local system? Regards, Henrik

Posted: 6 years ago Feb 16, 2018, 1:53 p.m. EST

Hi Henrik,

I attached a photo where you can see the type of plots/diagram that I would like to generate.

Thanks in advance,

Jovana

Hi Henrik, I attached a photo where you can see the type of plots/diagram that I would like to generate. Thanks in advance, Jovana

Henrik Sönnerlind COMSOL Employee

Posted: 6 years ago Feb 19, 2018, 2:32 a.m. EST

Hi Jovana,

It seems like you want a Arrow Surface plot of the traction vector, (solid.Tax, solid.Tay, solid.Taz).

Regards,

Henrik

-------------------
Henrik Sönnerlind
COMSOL
Hi Jovana, It seems like you want a Arrow Surface plot of the traction vector, (solid.Tax, solid.Tay, solid.Taz). Regards, Henrik

Posted: 6 years ago Feb 23, 2018, 7:47 a.m. EST

Hi Henrik,

Thank you for your help.

Regards,

Jovana

Hi Henrik, Thank you for your help. Regards, Jovana

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.