Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Sum parametric sweep solutions

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hello,

I am using Particle tracing module and a Parametric sweep to compute the final position of a set of nanoparticles depending on their initial position. After that, I would like to sum all the partial solutions, but doing it one by one through "Data Sets->Join" is kind of tiresome.

Can you give me some advise of how could I do it?

Thank you very much!

3 Replies Last Post Mar 8, 2018, 11:16 a.m. EST
Edgar J. Kaiser Certified Consultant

Posted: 6 years ago Mar 6, 2018, 4:18 p.m. EST

Juan,

check this blog contribution: https://www.comsol.de/blogs/using-the-previous-solution-operator-in-transient-modeling/

A similar approach also works for parametric sweeps and for summing or do other things along a sweep.

Cheers Edgar

-------------------
Edgar J. Kaiser
emPhys Physical Technology
www.emphys.com
Juan, check this blog contribution: https://www.comsol.de/blogs/using-the-previous-solution-operator-in-transient-modeling/ A similar approach also works for parametric sweeps and for summing or do other things along a sweep. Cheers Edgar

Posted: 6 years ago Mar 8, 2018, 7:02 a.m. EST

Hello Edgar,

Thank you very much for your answer. Unfortunately, I was not able to implement the method that is described in that post. For the moment I am using the following algorithm:

sum(withsol('sol1',variable,setind(parameter,i),setval(t,t_0)),i,1,xx)

It is slow, but it works. I will try to give a second chance to the other method.

Juan

Hello Edgar, Thank you very much for your answer. Unfortunately, I was not able to implement the method that is described in that post. For the moment I am using the following algorithm: sum(withsol('sol1',variable,setind(parameter,i),setval(t,t_0)),i,1,xx) It is slow, but it works. I will try to give a second chance to the other method. Juan

Gunnar Andersson COMSOL Employee

Posted: 6 years ago Mar 8, 2018, 11:16 a.m. EST

I think that you should consider using the Combine Solutions study step.

I think that you should consider using the Combine Solutions study step.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.