Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Measurement along a line

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

I am new to COMSOL and FEA in general. I am trying to duplicate some results from a paper that I'm reading and have a few questions.

1) I am trying to measure the electric field along a line through a material. How do I measure the electric field along a line in a material? I would like to have the actual numbers. It would be ideal if I could have them saved to a file to plot in Matlab or Excel later. The location of the line will be changing through different future itterations as I see if other geometries reduce the electric field so it would be ideal if I could do it using parameters. I'm thinking that would allow me to move the line with the geometry, right?

The of what I am trying to do is attached. Just to be clear, I would like to measure ML1 and ML2, measure along the entire line to a certain distance, and export to a word or excel file for future plotting.

2) I would like to have 3 seperate mesh areas. As shown in "image 2" and "image 3" attached, I would like the two outter regions to have the same mesh and the middle one to have a finer mesh.

-------------------
Josh

0 Replies Last Post Apr 2, 2018, 7:01 p.m. EDT
COMSOL Moderator

Hello Josh

Your Discussion has gone 30 days without a reply. If you still need help with COMSOL and have an on-subscription license, please visit our Support Center for help.

If you do not hold an on-subscription license, you may find an answer in another Discussion or in the Knowledge Base.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.