Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Convergence problem with time dependent Laminar flow inlet condition.

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hi. I'm trying to apply a time-dependent inlet condition in my model.

what I want is 0.00667m/s mean velocity flow during 81sec. and after 81sec., 0.00476m/s. for this, I defined a Piecewise function. (you can check at 'file 1') and at inlet boundary condition in Laminar flow, I set "Laminar inflow", "Average velocity", typed Average velocity Uav as "f(t)".

I thought every thing what have to do was done, and I computed my model with Time Dependent Study. but it didn't work well, and An error message came out. " Nonlinear solver did not converge. Time : 1.45519~~~~~~~e-019 Maximum number of Newton iterations reached. Last time step is not converged. "

I also tried to use 'if-statement'. but same thing happened.

How could I solve this problem? Please somebody help me... Thanks.

0 Replies Last Post Apr 10, 2018, 2:43 a.m. EDT
COMSOL Moderator

Hello Jungmin Park

Your Discussion has gone 30 days without a reply. If you still need help with COMSOL and have an on-subscription license, please visit our Support Center for help.

If you do not hold an on-subscription license, you may find an answer in another Discussion or in the Knowledge Base.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.