Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Solid Mechanics, Frequency domain, PML layer giving residual error issue

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

I am working on solid mechanics, frequency domain model. In finite study of a model, I checked all the material property, boundary conditions and meshing, everything is perfect but again I am getting "Undefined value found". Undefiend value found in equation of residual vector. After checking step by step, It is found that by removing PML, computation run and solution is obtained but when I apply PML eventhough other BCs are disabaled, mentioned error is appearing. So inshort this error is due to PML so far I observed. If anyone can help me in this regard how I can solve this problem ? As from COMSOL forums I understand, PML should work perfectly for frequency domain analysis.

Thanks in advance. Please check the attach file for detail of error.

0 Replies Last Post May 2, 2018, 12:23 a.m. EDT
COMSOL Moderator

Hello MG

Your Discussion has gone 30 days without a reply. If you still need help with COMSOL and have an on-subscription license, please visit our Support Center for help.

If you do not hold an on-subscription license, you may find an answer in another Discussion or in the Knowledge Base.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.