Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Bulk Acoustic Wave Resonator, BAW, model understanding

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Good day, The demonstration model for BAW is a good representation of the 1983 R.F. Milson paper. After completing the example and creating the demonstrated plot of the boundary integration variable for Admittance (Y) it is not clear how to identify the real and imaginary parts from the COMSOL variables. I'd like to be able to extract S11 values and create a Smith Chart from the results. Could you offer some advice?

Many thanks!

4 Replies Last Post Nov 25, 2015, 6:26 a.m. EST

Posted: 1 decade ago Nov 21, 2009, 1:07 a.m. EST
Hi Marty,

I am working on a similar problem but with a 2 port device. To extract the real part currently I am using the real(Y) option and for the imaginary part I am using imag(Y). Again I myself am confused about all this, so dont take my advice as gospel truth.

For the S parameter, you should be able to write a global expression based on the Admittance parameter. But this provided you can get the real and imaginary part of the data correctly.

Let me know if you conclude anything. I can probably use the same.

Regards

Vikram

Hi Marty, I am working on a similar problem but with a 2 port device. To extract the real part currently I am using the real(Y) option and for the imaginary part I am using imag(Y). Again I myself am confused about all this, so dont take my advice as gospel truth. For the S parameter, you should be able to write a global expression based on the Admittance parameter. But this provided you can get the real and imaginary part of the data correctly. Let me know if you conclude anything. I can probably use the same. Regards Vikram

Posted: 1 decade ago Nov 23, 2009, 2:07 p.m. EST
Good day Vikram,
Your advice was very useful. I created real and imaginary boundary integration variables and was able to create a Smith Chart like graph using the Domain Plot Parameters feature. I discovered that the point tab offers a 'Expression' option for the x-axis data.

Again....many thanks for the advice.
Marty
Good day Vikram, Your advice was very useful. I created real and imaginary boundary integration variables and was able to create a Smith Chart like graph using the Domain Plot Parameters feature. I discovered that the point tab offers a 'Expression' option for the x-axis data. Again....many thanks for the advice. Marty

Posted: 9 years ago Jun 9, 2015, 12:17 a.m. EDT
Hello,

I am new on topic FBAR. I am facing problem how to plot smith chart from Admittance(Y) plot.

Please help me on this, if you have any data regarding this you can mail me on my mail id er.gsgill@gmail.com.

Regards,
Gurpreet
Hello, I am new on topic FBAR. I am facing problem how to plot smith chart from Admittance(Y) plot. Please help me on this, if you have any data regarding this you can mail me on my mail id er.gsgill@gmail.com. Regards, Gurpreet

Posted: 8 years ago Nov 25, 2015, 6:26 a.m. EST
Hi Marty
I am a novice of COMSOL, Recently I'm doing 3D finite element simulation of FBAR. But a total displacement map is always wrong, do you have a 3D FBAR mph file? Can you send a mph file of 3D FBAR to my mailbox? I want to see your setting.
My gmail is jokerleon233@gmail.com
THANKS
Hi Marty I am a novice of COMSOL, Recently I'm doing 3D finite element simulation of FBAR. But a total displacement map is always wrong, do you have a 3D FBAR mph file? Can you send a mph file of 3D FBAR to my mailbox? I want to see your setting. My gmail is jokerleon233@gmail.com THANKS

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.