Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Mathematics Global ODEs and DAEs: How to port ODEs system from Mathcad?

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hi, I have the following system of ODEs in Mathcad:

It does solve well in Mathcad, however when I try to port it to COMSOL - the results are flat lines (equal to initial conditions).

Here is how I write the equations above in COMSOL using 0D 'Global ODEs and DAEs':

ro/(2*pi)*Stt*log(pi^0.5*lk/S^0.5)-p-ro/(8*pi*S)*St^2

1/(gamma-1)*pt-(N(t)-lk*gamma/(gamma-1)*p*St)/lk*S

Where N(t) - is lineary interpolated table function. Initial conditions: p(0) = 2000000, S(0)=1.5*10^-7, S'(0) = 0. The time range is: range(0, 1.0e-7, 4.4e-5).

Like I said above, the results are wrong (flat lines at the level of initial conditions).

Please advise what is wrong here. Maybe some issue with equations form, etc. Thank you.

0 Replies Last Post Jun 22, 2018, 7:03 p.m. EDT
COMSOL Moderator

Hello Alex Dox

Your Discussion has gone 30 days without a reply. If you still need help with COMSOL and have an on-subscription license, please visit our Support Center for help.

If you do not hold an on-subscription license, you may find an answer in another Discussion or in the Knowledge Base.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.